Wednesday 18 August 2010

Dating Aint Easy

After a wonderful two day trip away of pure bliss we returned on the Saturday and I was invited along to watch Drew's local football team Airdrie United play one of their fiercest rivals Ayr United but unfortunately the rivalry didn't stay on the pitch instead it manifested itself in the stadium bar in the form of a group of a-holes trying to start trouble. Drew had went to the toilet and I was standing at the bar ordering our next round of drinks two cokes, I don't drink alcohol and Drew was on his best behaviour, when this burly guy grabbed my butt and said something very repulsive into my ear.              

Seeing this upon exiting the restroom Drew walked over and literally threw this guy over a table and then squared up to the rest of his group. The bouncers for the bar rushed over to stop anything happening and I feeling panicky went to the restroom to calm down unknown to me Drew had left the bar and was giving the 6 of them a thrashing outside and had to be dragged off of them by his brothers who had just turned up. When I exited the bar to see where he was and seen what he was doing I didn't react well in fact I slapped him and walked away which I now regret. He watched the game with his brothers and as I didn't answer his phone calls after the game he went out to drown his sorrows with them. What I didn't know about at the time is the reason he went out after those a-holes that reason being one of them had thrown a glass at me which smashed just beside my foot, at the time I just thought someone had knocked it off their table.

Drew wouldn't have done anything further but the fact they could have scarred me for life or worse with this action led him to retaliate. That's the thing about Drew he'll literally fight the world to defend someone he loves heck on one occasion he defended a total stranger from a serious situation which led him to get slashed repeatedly with a knife, he'd risk being killed for a stranger he'd show that much compassion for a stranger but he hates himself. When he looks in the mirror he doesn't see what I see what his friends and family see he sees his pain, his regret and he sees his lost ten years through illness.

We got back together last night thanks to my American big sis banging our heads together, lol, but today he has been in a funk about not thinking he is good enough for me or attractive enough to be with me and he doesn't know why I want to be with him. These thoughts being in his head breaks my heart as I think he's the greatest man I've ever known he has so much love for all his friends, family and me but none for himself it's truly heartbreaking for me to see him this way. He says when he looks in the mirror he sees a monster staring back at him and for over five years he hasn't made eye contact with his reflection so I'm going to do him a favour and I need your help I'm going to post a picture on this blog post of him and I want you to tell him what you see when you look at it. He needs to know that he isn't a monster but instead he's a kind, loving, strong beautiful man.


Sealed with a kiss Emma, ciao.
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Aww gosh! There are always guys who are a complete #$%^&. I can't believe they had the nerve to throw a glass at you! I totally understands Drew's reaction. I don't say it's a good thing to start whacking around, because he could've gotten hurt as well, but the fear of losing you must have been so strong that it was the only way to do so.

    You two are so so sweet together and everyone can tell it's real, even tho we never met (yet ;D). It's difficult to tell someone else otherwise when they went through so much. 10 years of illness is...well I don't really have the correct words to describe it, but I admire his positivity & kindness. No one would've guessed by reading is posts that he's housebound and that is something special, because a lot of people like to point out their misery and be all negative. It takes a strong soul to flip it around and make it work. And for me Drew did that! And I know for a fact that you see it too, Emma ^_^

    Drew, when see your picture, I see a friendly & gentle man. Honest eyes with a touch of sadness and that's makes it interesting! Drew please don't question Emma's feelings for you nor question the fact why she choose to be with you. She loves you for you, she could have chosen someone else, but she didn't. She choose you! That's all that matters in the end.

    And I am very glad that I can call you my friends!

    Hmm I don't know what else to say now, I send you both huge hugs! I hope the dark clouds shall fade away quickly so that the sun can continue to illuminate your world. You shall pull through this!!

    It's bed tome for me now!

    Ciaooo Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe those asses threw a glass at you! Drew I know your in pain and you don't see what others see. If you were a monster, you wouldn't have a beautiful girl like Emma!

    I've been through a lot in my life also and it took me a long time to realize that people just need to accept me for who I am and I am finally content with myself.

    I can only hope that you find this peace, because you are a beautiful person inside and out! You also have family, friends (even ones around the world that you have never met) and Emma, that care deeply for you.

    I know you guys will get through this and I'm very grateful for you as friends.

    Love,

    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What those men did is inexcuseable. I understand why you reacted the way you did and I can also understand Drew. You mean the world to him and it makes me smile when I read some of his comments about you. In as much as I am against violence, I think my hubby would have done the same. He would have move mountains to protect me. When one sees their love ones getting hurt or disrespected, sometimes all rational thinking flies out the window. Throwing a glass at you is just not on!

    When I see Drew, I see a beautiful man and I told him already what a great guy he is. And he is truly! Everyone to a certain degree have their insecurities but with love, patience and understanding we can heal negative emotions. Illness is a horrible thing and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else but I also believe when joy is given to the afflicted, it helps alleviates the pain that comes from being ill.

    My hubby is not the greatest looking guy in the world and he would be the first to admit it. Some people we know would throw us comments like, "What are you doing with him?" or "You're too good to be with him." What saddens me is that, some people have the inability to see what I see, a beautiful man with a beautiful aura who has so much goodness and compassion. My husband is no longer bothered with those jibes because today he feels secure in my love.

    It's great to get to know you Emma and I believe you and Drew will come out alright. Hugs to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for telling him how you feel about him and what you see when you look at his picture, he's coming over later and I'm going to sit him down to read your comments, love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drewww you are freakin' hot! And a helluva a catch because it's rare to find a genuinely nice guy like you nowadays. Don't question it just enjoy it. She's obviously crazy about you :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Boo that made him smile and now he's blushing.

    ReplyDelete