Saturday 7 August 2010

Saturday Blues

So it's Saturday the day most people my age hang out with friends or go shopping but me eh no I was stuck with another shift at the gym where I work as surprise, surprise a co-worker of mine has again not shown up. I get the call from my boss Karen at 9:15am, 'Hi Emma this is Karen from work', like I don't know who she is I've only worked with her for 2 years. 'Hey Karen what's up?' Feigning interest as I search for my remote control to put the volume down on my Ipod. 'Allison hasn't turned up again and I need someone to cover so as you never have plans!' Yep that's right even my boss thinks my social life is non existent. 'I'll need to check, can I call you back?' I reply and a few tense moments later she responds, 'Sure I'll call back in 10'.

Click, as she hangs up which makes me frantically climb over my couch to my PC and fire it up. When the prehistoric relic eventually awakens I Email my boyfriend Drew to see what he is doing today, his reply "I'm going with my Bro's to the footie talk to you later honey."  Crushed and dejected I await the inevitable phone call from Karen and I don't have to wait long. 'Hi Emma it's Karen from work again.' For F**k's sake I know we spoke like 10 minutes ago thankfully unlike Mr. Carson I don't say things like this out loud, lol. 'Hi Karen it looks like my schedule just cleared up.' A moments pause. 'I thought it would Emma I'll see you here at 10 don't be late or I'll have to dock your pay,  bye.' What a total bitch my boss is I mean this is the woman who actually fired an employee of 9 years for wearing a chain with a religious symbol on it, true story.

So off to work I go now don't get me wrong I love my job I get to teach yoga something I'm passionate about but the gym where I work has a horrible ambience since Karen became Manager. She just divorced her husband of 8 years and left him with the kids to move in with her girlfriend isn't that what the guy is supposed to do? LOL, anyway she has become this weirdly paranoid person around all the staff as she believes that all sorts are going on behind her back from things like steroids being sold on the premises for which she actually searched all our lockers without any of us being present which is against company policy to her crazy belief that Gary a personal trainer at the gym  who is one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet is secretly using his position at the gym to sell sex to the female clients, lol. This is hilarious as Gary is actually gay and completely open about that fact.

So 8 hours later I'm back home and aching all over the complete opposite from what you should feel like after doing yoga. I'm pretty sure I've tweaked my hamstring from over doing it and after all this I get a "Hey honey how has your day been? We got a draw can you believe it 3-1 down and finish 3-3? Absolutely amazing, anyway Ems what have you been doing?" It's great for Drew as he hasn't been to a football game in 2 years and he got to spend time with his two older brothers but secretly I'd have loved to have been invited, I know I know it's a boys day out kind of thing and the last thing they need is a girl tagging along but hey I just love spending time with him and to be honest with you, I miss him when I don't see him for even a short period of time. I know I got it bad, my sister likes to tell me that all the time but hey I can't help the way I feel right?



I Emailed him back "had to work, tweaked my hammy again but besides that doing great babes. Glad you had a good time." A matter of moments later I received. "Oh girl sorry to hear your hamstring is playing up I'll come right over to see if I can help." He came over and he ran me a bath with some muscle relaxing salts in it I kid you not it was like heaven in a tub, lol,  and low and behold my hammy is feeling great. He truly is an absolute miracle worker he left me to have a power nap but I think maybe I should pay him a visit later, shoooosh don't tell him, lol.

Sealed with a kiss Emma, ciao.
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Hey Ems if really want to go to a footie game with us you can hon truth be known I missed you today as well. That second photo is you isn't it? LOL I won't say how I could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe I know how you could tell you perv, lol, I'd love to go to the football with you babes I've only ever been to a Scotland game before when I was a kid it would be fun to spend time with you and your brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a #$%^&* your boss is :|...really she calls you and annoys you on your day off and still saidthat she will deduct from your salary if you show up late :|....rudeness! Seriously!

    Ooh I love your pictures, both of them are you?

    Loved the post! It feels like a piece from your diary...only difference is that if you talk about Andrew, he can read it too haha! How cool :D.

    Glad the miracle bath worked! Have a lovely weekend and till next time

    Ciaoo Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TJ, Thanks for stopping by babes. Yeah my boss is a total bitch, lol, the first picture is my friend Lara the second is me on holiday last year and I hope you have a great weekend to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting on my blog! :D

    and ughhh! I would smack your boss if i was there :P
    and I must say, you take far more better pictures than mine! :)

    I hope the woman isn't killing your mood too much, but I guess you can take the frustration out in Yoga eh?

    Best of luck to you!
    and I love your posts.
    consider me your new follower :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, that's a big compliment coming from a great photographer like yourself and yes my boss is very annoying and one day I'd love to smack her one in the face, lol. It's always great to get a new follower.

    ReplyDelete