Saturday 21 August 2010

Let The Good Times Roll

Well I handed in my notice yesterday at my job and I start my new job on Tuesday, the company policy is usually three weeks notice but the way I worded it I got to just hand in my notice and leave. It went a little something like this.

I knock Karen's office door.
Karen: (after a long pause) Who is it?
Me: Emma.
Karen: Emma who?
Me: Murty.
Karen: Enter.
I enter the room and go to sit down...
Karen: Who said you could sit?
Me: Sorry (you crazy bitch)
Karen: You have two minutes then you're out of here I got important calls to make.
Me: I'm handing in my notice.
Karen: Why? What makes you think I'll accept it?
Me: Why? For starters the whole you staring at me when I got changed the other week, oh and maybe the fact that you treat us all like scum.
Karen: You can't talk to me like that you little witch, I'm docking you two days pay.
Me: Dock this!
I give her the one finger salute.
Karen: Three days no no four days.
Me: Shut up you crazy freak, I'm quitting and if you don't let me leave I'll go over your head and tell the bosses what you did.
Karen: You think they'll believe a little trollop like you over me?
Me: It doesn't matter what they believe to save face they'll just let me go.
Karen: You will feel the back of my hand in a minute young lady.
Me: I f***ing dare you to hit me, I'll slap the crap out of you in front of the whole gym, I'm sure the paying clients will appreciate the show.
Karen: You think I won't do it?
Me: No but I think you'll be sorry when you do.
There is a brief silence then.
Karen: Go, get out of here then you little skank, you were probably selling yourself to the clients anyway. Good riddens to a little slut.
Me: Oh shut the f**k up you eijit, you have run this place into the ground and you blame the staff for everything maybe if you weren't so incompetent we would still have all those clients that left.
I slam the door shut behind me on my way out so she can't get a comeback and I high five everyone on my way out, lol.

So alls well that ends well as they say but this comes at a price my new job is a 25% pay cut as I'll be the junior yoga instructor at the health club as they have a very talented and very nice lady there called Anna Symms who has 26 years experience so I'll be taking the beginner classes instead of the experienced and intermediate ones. That's fine by me I'll learn a lot from someone with this much experience which will help me be a better instructor and I have a side gig selling photographs to online royalty free sites which should cover the loss for the short time. I wanted to post some of these images here to show you, maybe you have downloaded them before and didn't know who the photographer was.



Sealed with a kiss Emma, ciao.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Good for you bon your boss was a total moron and you put her in her place I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, well that was an adult exchange then! LOL

    I don't know how long you worked there Emma, but if you had a contract and a minimum of 12 month's service, you probably have a claim for constructive dismissal. You should also seriously consider writing to the company owners as you have experienced Violence at Work - defined as 'any action or behaviour, whether physical or verba that leaves an individual feeling intimidated or vulnerable'. This is covered under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) - you can Google it and read more about violence at work constructs if you are interested.
    Your replacement may not be as feisty as you Emma - Bullies need more than confronting, they need to be held accountable.
    Smiles and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Juliana, yeah my step-dad said the same thing about taking legal action. I know a fellow employee has a case pending against her for which I'm going to be a witness. Apparently she has been fired before for launching a racist tirade at a Polish cleaner at her previous job. I hope you enjoyed my blog, I know it gets a bit girly, lol, but that's the way I am.

    ReplyDelete