Monday 9 August 2010

Wedding Bells

Last night I got a phone call from my very excited and completely hyper friend Lara. After hyperventilating down the phone at me for 10 minutes uttering some garbled story that I couldn't make heads or tails of she finally calmed down enough to tell me she is getting MARRIED!!! Yep the first of my friends to get hitched I'm so excited for her as she has been with her fiancĂ©e  Ciaran for three and half years and been living with him for the last two years.

Major news for me coming out of our three hour phone call after the wedding announcement anyway was that I'm going to be the Maid of honour, how cool is that? We are going to look at dresses on Saturday for all the bridesmaids and the wedding itself is in 5 weeks which I thought was pretty short notice but hey each to their own eh? My best friend since I was 5 years old (besides Mr. Carson of course)  is getting hitched, awesome right???? Well I thought so Mr. Carson had his doubts, this was our conversation this morning.

ME: Babes you'll never guess?
DREW: Guess what?
ME: What I found out last night?
(Drew looks worried)
DREW: Is it about that p***k next door? I can explain.
(I'm thrown from my trail for thought briefly)
ME: No..... What about that p***k next door?
DREW: Oh nothing, what were you talking about? Love you.
ME: OK, em oh yeah Lara's getting married?
DREW: Oh.
ME: That it, oh?
DREW: Oh, good for her?
ME: Yes it is good for her, something on your mind DB?
DREW: Not really, just thinking about my hospital appointment later.
ME: OK then anyway she's asked me to be maid of honour how cool is that?
DREW: Sweet very cool.
ME: So as the invite will indefinitely say Ms Emma Murty plus one, you going to be my plus one babes?
( Drew acting nervous)
DREW: She marrying that Ciaran guy?
Me: No she's marrying that cute homeless guy that stays behind the Cinema, D'uh of course she's marrying Ciaran, what you don't like Ciaran?
DREW: She's awfully young to be getting married don't you think?
ME: Not really my Mum was 18 when she got married so 21 isn't that young.
DREW : OK.
ME: So you're going to be my plus one?
DREW: I don't have to do anything at the wedding right?
ME: What would you have to do? They will probably hire a Minister to conduct the ceremony  if that's what your thinking.
DREW: Obviously I wasn't thinking that, I don't have to talk to Ciaran at the wedding but do I?
ME: I think he may be slightly to distracted to be chatting with everyone babes.
DREW: Well that's OK then I'll go.
ME: You're sure? I don't want to drag you along if you don't want to go.....
(Drew stands and kisses me on the forehead.)
DREW: Hon you know I'd go anywhere with you or for you, you're my Angel.

Drew leaves to go home to get ready for his hospital appointment and I'm left wondering what the hell that was all about as regards to Ciaran and also melting after what he said, lol. He always says the sweetest things and they are never just cheesy lines like other guys use to get "lucky" he actually means them he has the heart of a poet.

Sealed with a kiss Emma, ciao.
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. HA HA ...You've only been dating how long? and he already knows how to divert your attention...LOL. You two are so SHWEET it's sickening :-P. Don't worry, I'm going to find someone to be mushy with someday!

    Love ya,

    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he knows how to divert my attention, lol, it's been like a month we've been dating but it feels more like about 6 because we see each other everyday and it's utter bliss right now.

    Love ya too babes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Yogi, LOl, the fact you could recite that conversation word for word is.... well.... worrying, lol, and your blog is looking great girl very impressive. It has felt like 6 months hasn't it maybe we should celebrate I was thinking...... Oh sorry I was distracted by that picture from your other blog post, lol, I was thinking I'd cook dinner for you tomorrow, some candles, some champagne, romantic music, what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say hell yeah, lol, you're on DB and I'll give you a pass on the picture gag this time, lol. I can't wait and babes, I love you.

    ReplyDelete