Tuesday 10 August 2010

Work getting me down

Back from another nightmare of a shift at work, my boss is really starting to annoy me to the point where I may have to look for work somewhere else. I love what I do and when I'm helping people to learn about yoga it makes me feel like what I'm doing is somehow worthwhile.  I had a client who had be in a tragic car accident and had lost all of her confidence and through our one on one classes she is now the centre of attention anywhere she goes and knowing that I helped her in a small way to achieve that really makes me proud of what I do but the work environment is now getting unbearable.

Tonight my boss told me I was getting my wages docked for turning up three minutes late for work, this is the first and only time I have ever been late for work even when I've been called to fill in for other people's shifts at the last minute but I've now been docked two hours wages which works out at just under £21 maybe not a lot to some but it's a lot to me. It means I've been docked half a shifts wages for being three minutes late not really a rational punishment in my opinion what do you guys think?

All during the shift Karen (my boss) I was going to not name her on this blog post in case she read it but you know what? I don't actually care at this point, all during the shift Karen was watching me like a hawk including when I was getting changed at the end of my shift after I had taken a shower now if your male boss followed you into the changing room and watched you get dressed you'd file charges against him or kick him in the privates right? Well I felt she was ogling me and it's not paranoia because I know she is a lesbian she was ogling me and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

The problem is it would be her word against mine if I went to the big bosses with it and she is bosom buddies with the only one that pays the club a visit so as they say I don't have a pot to p**s in. Also they could say because of a traumatic period in my childhood that I won't go into here I could be overly sensitive or overly paranoid at being naked in front of an authority figure. I'm torn because if I leave I can't pay my rent I'm pretty much living hand to mouth so to speak but if I stay God knows what will happen. When I said to her 'Why are you standing there?' She responded by saying 'I'm making sure you are not taking any property from the club that doesn't belong to you, stuff has been going missing it's the new club policy.' Club policy my a**e this crazy b***h is seeing how far she can push staff before they quit, it's well known by the staff that she wants to bring her own people in.

I think I'm going to put out feelers to see if any of the other gyms or health clubs are looking for staff and I will also see if there is anything going In Glasgow at the museums and art galleries may as well put that Fine Arts degree to good use, lol, I just can't believe the last month I've had, I meet the man of my dreams then a person from my past comes back and almost destroys that relationship and now the job I love is now just a pay check to me but hey others have it worse right? I hate complaining about it here but as Drew always says better to get it off your chest and as I don't keep a diary here it is, lol, hope I didn't depress you guys to bad and I promise the next post will be more upbeat. Here's a picture of Kilt Rock Waterfall for some reason it always makes me smile.

Sealed with a kiss Emma, ciao.
Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. That's harsh hon, sorry I didn't reply to your Emails sooner I was having one of those days you know? Anyway I think you have enough on your plate with the person you don't want mentioned to put up with all this s*** as well. Let me call in a favour with an old buddy of mine and see if they are recruiting at the Boathouse Fitness Club at Strathy park. There is only one word to describe Karen but I'm to much of a gentleman (tries not laugh) to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know someone then that would be great babes that's a damn classy place how exactly do you know someone there? LOL, I'll Email you in a moment as I want to ask you something about tomorrow but for the fans of puke inducing flirting, ahem, I was thinking tomorrow we could (whispers something into DB's ear) what do you say? ROTFL, love you Drewbear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciaoooo Emma! Omg you have got to be kidding me! I get the feeling she's searching for something to fire you. I mean come on, deducting salary for a few minutes late is really extreme :|. I hope Drew can get you something or that you find something yourself, because even tho you love what you do, being treated like that really takes away your motivation! Sending positive vibes & big hugs to ya! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emma,

    I hate my job too. I kind of like the "dark side" Emma. AGC, you better watch out...she names names...lol.

    Yeah, don't let her get to you, she sounds like a complete bitch and knowing me I probably would have asked her, "WTF are YOU looking at...BIATCH?" But don't take my advice.

    I just play jokes on the people at my job that bother me. Yep, I go to the car and prank call their phones. Makes me feel better EVERY time. Again, don't take my advice...

    Cheer up!

    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TJ yeah Drew called in a favour and I've got an interview on Monday at a really cool fitness club so fingers crossed, thanks for the positive vibes and the hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jazz I plan on talking a lot of s**t on my out of work on my last day, lol, hopefully I can hand in my notice very soon. She drives this little Smart car thing and Drew said to me if I wanted he'd go down and tip it on it's roof for me, lol, the worrying thing is he'd actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie!
    I haven't been around much these days because work has been a pain. Then I get here and I see you had a lot worst!
    Well, I say that but two weeks ago one of my bosses refused to pay me four hours of work (over the week) because it wasn't billed in a particular project. "I didn't know you had nothing to do!" Well you wrote my schedule with the big holes in it and I warned about 10 people I had nothing to do. You're lack of communication isn't my problem!
    Luckily, it has since been rectified and I hope that's what happens to you too. You deserve better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aheila, sorry to hear about your work problems and I'm glad they got sorted out. My work problems will get sorted out when I hand in my notice and flip my boss the bird on my way out the door, lol, that's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete